"Well paced course, continuously interesting, prompted in me quite a lot of self-reflection in addition to the business tools I’ve obtained".
Paul Stannard, BP
Presentation and Training Skills for Asia
- Understand the underlying dynamics of Asian audiences.
- Discover the pitfalls of presenting in Asia.
- Learn how to train in an Asian environment.
As global enterprises continue to develop new and existing markets into Asia, getting your messages across in Asia is getting to be even more critical. Asian people tend to have different learning and teaching styles. Presenting to an Asian audience can be a daunting task. Training Asians can be even more daunting. Understanding and developing your skills in cross-cultural communications is now seen to be mandatory for organisational and personal success in Asia .
This workshop is about training and presenting across cultures. Presenting to Asians effectively requires an in-depth knowledge of your culturally different audience. This workshop will help you skill up when you need to present in Asia for any reason. Providing Technology Transfer is about training and passing the right skills to the right people. Understanding the culture of the people is imperative for effective technology and skills transfer. This workshop provides participants with greater insight and skills in a one-to-one or one-to-many communication training activity in culturally diverse environments.
This one day workshop has been carefully designed to equip participants with a set of practical skills when involved in presenting or teaching to Asians.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have
- increased understanding and appreciation of presenting and training in an Asian setting
- more effective cross-cultural communications skills for an Asian audience
- increased understanding of the learning styles of Asians
- more knowledge of the cross-cultural issues in coaching and mentoring Asians in a technology or skills transfer venture.
Who Should Attend
This workshop has been specifically designed for business people who need to present and/or train to an Asian audience. The workshop is mandatory for technical people providing technology transfer or executives giving sales presentations. Specifically:
- Marketing and Sales Executives
- Technical Management
- Technical Specialists
- Human Resource Executives
- A Cross-Cultural Training Model
- Speaking/Listening skills
- Language Differences
- Body Language and Non-verbals
- Speaking English in Asia
- What's Different?
- Making an Impact
- Use of humour and other aids
- Audience Management
- Use of Interpreters
Learning Motivation of Asians
Learning Styles of Asians
- Understanding the NEW Business Cultures of Asia
- Presentation and Training Skills for Asia
- Chinese Culture Program
- Chinese For Travellers
Contact us to provide you with more details of our workshops. We welcome an opportunity to discuss your training needs in the area of cross-cultural management and communications for better business in the Asia Pacific region.